Sweet & Spicy Dry Rub
What started as a BBQ rub has now transformed into an all purpose seasoning people are using on everything! Try it on popcorn, bacon, fries, wings & more!
“As Marc would say, “You’ve got this!”
Spatchcock Chicken With Butternut Squash & Sweet Potatoes
Everyone loves a one pan dinner! This dish is just that. The sweet potatoes, butternut squash and onion get perfectly brown, sweet and caramelized and the chicken stays incredible juicy. The perfect weeknight dinner!
1 Spatchcock Chicken (you can ask your butcher to do this for you!)
Marc’s Magic Rub
1 Butternut Squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
2 Sweet Potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Red Onion, cut into 8 wedges
Salt / Black Pepper
Chicken Stock, 1/4 cup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400
- Toss butternut squash, sweet potatoes and red onion with olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour into the bottom of a large roasting rack. For better browning, make sure the roasting rack is large enough that the vegetable can lay in a single layer. You can also put half the vegetables on a baking sheet and cook separately!
- Season chicken with olive oil and a lot of Marc’s Magic (about half a tin!)
- Place chicken breast side up on top of the vegetables
- Cook for 45-55 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are golden brown and tender.
- Optional: halfway through cooking pour the chicken stock around the side of the roasting pan (onto the vegetables but not the chicken) This will make a bit of a sauce at the bottom of the pan.